Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scissor Reading

Everything you do can say something about you, even your choice of scissors. With this in mind I offer 'scissor readings' where you send me a picture of your scissors and I read what they say about you. This is obviously for entertainment purposes and I make no promises as to accuracy.



What I see in these scissors is a person with a focus on getting the job done and works hard at any task she takes on. She is reliable both in completing a project and sticking by a friend. I see a woman who definitely appreciates comfort, but has no time for unnecessary girly frills and froo-froo. The owner of these scissors is probably known as self-assured and confident but in a calm and relatively quiet way. Some who is doesn't sing her own praises and possibly under appreciated except by those who know her well.

1 comment:

  1. Everything is right on.

    "What I see in these scissors is a person with a focus on getting the job done and works hard at any task she takes on. She is reliable both in completing a project and sticking by a friend."

    That is very true. I even create challenges for myself to keep life interesting. And just to see if I can beat the odds.


    "I see a woman who definitely appreciates comfort, but has no time for unnecessary girly frills and froo-froo."

    Some people believe the above is a contradiction, but it's not. The statement fits me perfectly.

    "Some who is doesn't sing her own praises and possibly under appreciated except by those who know her well."

    Can I tell you that I received a lecture from a friend about this? He sent me the following quote:

    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure….

    “It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?…

    “Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you…

    “And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

    ReplyDelete